Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Unusual Second Life of Thomas Weaver by Shawn Inmon




The Unusual Second Life of Thomas Weaver wasn't a requested review. I bought it for my Kindle because I found the plot interesting. Thomas is a middle-aged man who commits suicide and finds himself back in his fifteen-year-old body in 1976.

The book showed a lot of promise. The writing was technically good. The plot was engaging. There were plenty of surprises. However, I found it to be somewhat contrived in places. It's a common problem with stories about people visiting the past. And the musical references were nice--I'm a music lover--but very much overdone. I didn't need to know what the characters were listening to when it wasn't really relevant to the story.

But The Unusual Second Life of Thomas Weaver was thought-provoking. I found myself wondering what I would do if I were thrust back into my teens. And I appreciated the author's concept that Thomas didn't really know what was going to happen because even the smallest changes had a huge effect.

In all, I'm glad I read the book, but I'm not going to bother with the sequel.



No comments:

Post a Comment