Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Follow You Home by Mark Edwards

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1503944379/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=nevermind1-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=1503944379&linkId=b699487731efaac3fa6e9750ef50c7ea
I don't usually read thrillers, so Follow You Home was a departure for me. It's also from a mainstream publisher and I normally prefer to read independently published fiction. But it was free on my Kindle and sounded interesting, so I went for it.

The story began with a privileged couple making their way across Europe. But soon they found themselves kicked off a train in Romania in the middle of nowhere. Something horrible happened to them, but they refused to talk about it, even to the reader. So we have to read on to find out what terrors they could have experienced in the Romanian forest to drive them from each other and ruin their lives.

Follow You Home had me hooked. It was fast paced. I couldn't put it down. I may have shirked many of my responsibilities to uncover the mystery. But when I did it was well worth it. 

My only complaint is that I felt like the editor skimmed over the middle of the book. There were a few redundancies and at least one plot mistake. I expect better from a large publishing company. But I still enjoyed the book from cover to cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment