Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Going Back by Jennifer Young





http://amzn.to/1Xoj1drFeisty, redheaded, and fabulously rich student, Leona Castellano, is set upon returning to her Italian roots to put an old feud to bed. Her grandfather is dead, but his former enemy, Faustino Manfredi, seems determined the hostility should not die with him and turns his fury upon Leona.

When she becomes close to Faustino’s grandson, Nico, their romance strengthens Faustino’s vendetta and attracts the opposition of Leona’s parents, bringing Leona and Nico face to face with a terrible secret.


Going Back is the second in a series by Jennifer Young. I didn’t read the first book, but I felt like the backstory was adequately explained in the beginning of the book.

So, it’s a romance about beautiful rich people in scenic locations. But I didn’t feel like the romance part took me there. The family saga was definitely center stage, and that’s fine. But if you’re looking for a love story this might not be the book for you.

Leona and Nico come across as two spoiled rich kids who can’t put aside their issues and just be together. I understand the need for tension, but I got tired of it really quickly.

If you’re looking for drama, I say go for it. It was a good read as a family saga. I would recommend reading A Portrait of My Love first. 




No comments:

Post a Comment