Saturday, June 11, 2016

Beside the Music by BJ Knapp



http://amzn.to/1TP03rL

Beside the Music is the perfect summer read for anyone who crushed on a rock band in the 80s. What if that rock band showed up at your door today and wanted to live in your house while they recorded their comeback album? Would you say yes? Brenda did. And just as her husband doesn’t think it’s the right time to start a family, it’s definitely not the right time to bring a rock band and their entourage into their home. But it happens anyway.

BJ Knapp’s writing is casual and quick to read. I love her depiction of any former-rock-band-fan’s daydream. Much of the book is about day-to-day life for Brenda, but it’s fun for those of us wishing to live out that fantasy. To anyone who’s never obsessed over a hair band it might get a little tedious.

In summary, I liked the book. I am an admitted recovered glam-band junky (specifically Nelson and Poison), so I had no trouble getting into it. I’ll probably recommend it to my sister. 


No comments:

Post a Comment