Saturday, May 28, 2016

Good Times!


In case you didn't know (and I bet you didn't), I'm a huge fan of the sixties pop group the Monkees. Although this has nothing to do with books, I'm sharing how super excited I am that their new album dropped yesterday and is currently number one on Amazon.

If these guys aren't on your radar, then you don't know what a huge deal this is. In the twenty-nine years that I've loved these guys, it's never been cool to be a Monkees fan. They're the one band that's always taken the heat for using studio musicians (in addition to the band itself) when the reality is that most bands since the beginning of rock & roll have used studio musicians. But for them it's a thing someone pointed out fifty years ago and nobody ever got over it.

So this new appreciation of their music is a huge deal for fans like me. The album is really good. Some great musicians contributed and, yes, studio musicians. It's a throwback to their sixties sound and I absolutely love every minute of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment