Monday, April 18, 2016

Mubu the Morph by Stephen Nawotniak

Mubu the Morph is a creative and fun children's book by author Stephen Nawotniak. It's colorfully illustrated by Jeffrey Scott Perziak. In fact, I found the pictures to be my favorite part of this book. The glossy cover immediately drew me in.


"Go on a rhyming adventure with Mubu as he learns through trial and error the secret to being his best self"

I received Mubu the Morph in exchange for my review. It came packaged with a bookmark and a coloring book, both of which my daughter was excited to use right away.

Throughout the story I was confused about the message of Mubu. He's a Morph which means he can choose what he wants to be. But he has to find who he truly is. I think. In the end I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be happy with who he was or feel free to be anything he wanted. Either way, he did ultimately discover that the real answer is inside of himself, so he shouldn't go looking for his identity from others.

Regardless of the intended point of the story, my daughter enjoyed the book very much. She studied the colorful pictures even after we'd finished reading. So I'd say Mubu the Morph was a success in the bedtime story department.


No comments:

Post a Comment